Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Avontuur"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Klipper|
|Yard:||Haezer, Hardinxveld, NL|
|Sail area:||480 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Mar 2014
- built in 1909 at the former shipyard Haezer in Hardinxveld, NL for the master Versluis from Werkendam, NL.
- used for the transport of sand from the river Rhein to Dordrecht or Rotterdam, NL.
- sold to master Boogaard from Hardinxveld, NL, in 1937 sold to Piet Blokland.
- fitted with an engine in the 1950s.
- 1977 sold to Jan van Aartrijk, converted to a charter ship, re-rigged with one mast.
- partially longer voyages, to Sweden (1977) and to England several times.
- 1993/1994 renewal of the interior.
Contact:Website (nederlands, 02 Mar 2014):
Klipper Avontuur: website about the ship and many different topics around sailing at the Dutch coast, history of the ship, photos, contact