Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Johanna Engelina"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Daniël Jacoba, Pieter, Jo-Ba, Rita, Josi|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||2-Mast Klipper|
|Sail area:||405 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Mar 2014
- built in 1897 in Middelburg, NL as a freighter for the Dutch coastal waters, first name was "Daniël Jacoba".
- transport of sand, fertilizer, grain and other agricultural goods under sails.
- fitted with an engine in the 1930s, installation of a wheel house, reduction of the rigging.
- between 1960 and 1977 renamed 5 times: first "Pieter", then "Jo-Ba", folloed by "Rita", later "Josi".
- purchased by Jelte and Annelies Toxopeus on the end of the 1970s, renamed the "Johanna Engelina" after the mothers of the two owners, used as a living boat for some years.
- 1994 purchased by Jan Schoen, 1998 purchased by Laurens Sinaasappel.
- usage as a charter ship for sailing with passengers.
- participation in sailing events for Dutch flat-bottom ships, i.e Brandarisrace, Klipperrace, Pieperrace.
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch, 15 Dec 2022):
Klipper Johanna Engelina: website with photos and history, charter information, contact