Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Najade"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Klipper|
|Yard:||Van den Andel, Papendrecht, NL|
|Sail area:||236 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Mar 2014
- built in 1897 at the shipyard Van den Andel in Papendrecht, NL.
- in WWII loaded with dynamite to become a blocker in the case of an emergency, but after successful escape she was hidden in the marsh (Biesboscher Moor).
- after the war since 1953 usage for the transport of building material for the embarkments of Zeeland, after this until 1974 used as freighter.
- conversion to a charter ship for sailing with passengers.
- since 1994 owned by Janet Frieling and Hans Vlasbloem as her 3rd owners.
- 1995 moved from her homeport Kampen to Zoutkamp, NL.
- offers for sailing trips at the Frisian coast, the inland waters and the Dutch mudflats or the Baltic Sea.
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch, 20 Mar 2021):
Klipper Najade: charter information and contact, some photos