Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Passaat"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||2-Mast Klipper|
|Yard:||Gebroeders Boot, Leiderdorp, NL|
|Sail area:||420 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Mar 2014
- built in 1900 as a 1-masted sailing klipper at the shipyard of the Boot brothers in Leiderdorp, NL; first name "Margiena" (combination of the names of the owners Marinus and Giena Boertien).
- used as a cargo ship until 1964, motor cargo ship on the inland waters and big rivers, became a living ship in Rotterdam, NL then.
- 1992 sold by Boertien family to Frans and Frouke Fischer.
- first repairs at the shipyard Koningspoort in Rotterdam, transferred to Harlingen then.
- converted to a 2-masted sailing klipper for the charter business with sailing guests, commissioned under the new name "Passaat".
- since 2007 is the son Frank Fischer the skipper, since 2011 the owner too.
- frequent and successful participation in sailing events for Dutch flat-bottom ships, i.e. in the Brandarisrace between Harlingen and Terschelling.
Contact:Website (nederlands/English/deutsch, 18 Apr 2021):
Klipper Passaat: website of the operator with technical specification, history and photos, offers for sailing on board, contact