Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Lauwerszee"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Klipper|
|Yard:||Boot te Vrijenban, Delft, NL|
|Sail area:||300 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||John Deere 6068 DFM|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Mar 2014
- built as 1-masted klipper at the shipyard Boot te Vrijenban in Delft, NL (today Scheepswerf Brocx) on order of Lambertus Cornelis Maasbach, keel laid on Mai 20., delivery of the hull without rigging on October 7., first name "De Hoop".
- usage as a freighter, mainly for coal from the Ruhr until 1937.
- 1937 converted to a motor ship (2 Cyl. Deutz, 55 hp).
- 1962 sold to J. van Vliet from Rhenen, NL; transport of gravel and sand from the mines in Limburg to Amsterdam.
- 1977 sold to Kees Rol, conversion to a charter ship for passengers, useage for sailing with guests mainly in Dutch waters but also the Baltic Sea.
- 1980-1992 multiple changes of the owner and changes of the name.
- since 1992 owned by Nico de Wit, renamed the "Lauwerszee".
- 2013 change of the owner, transferred to Harlingen as baseport for sailing trips.
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch/English, 18 Mar 2021):
Klipper Lauwerszee: charter website with main info about accomodations, sailing area and activities, contact, some photos