Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Avontuur"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Wij gaan voorbij|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||2-Mast Klipper|
|Yard:||Gebroeders Boot, Leiderdorp, NL|
|Sail area:||350 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 11 Mar 2014
- built in 1911 at the shipyard of the Boot brothers in Leiderdorp, NL.
- during the first years used as cargo ship for agricultural products from Frisia to South Holland.
- 1980 converted to a charter ship by the company Ribro, since this time she sails with guests in the Ijsselmeer and mudflat.
- since November 2004 owned by Boudewijn Ridder and Marjolein Poot, (former owners of the tjalk "Frisia").
- successful participation in sailing events for Dutch flat-bottom ships, i.e. Klipperrace, Brandarisrace, Waddenrace, Beurtveer, Pieperrace.
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch, 21 Feb 2014):
Klipper Avontuur: information about the ship and charter information, photos, contact