Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Biche"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Registered port:||Port Tudy|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Dundée Thonier|
|Yard:||Chauffauteau, Les Sables d'Olonne, FRA|
|Overall length:||21.00 m|
|Sail area:||300 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 20 Jun 2013
- built in Les Sables d'Olonnes, FRA in 1933 at the shipyard Chaffeauteau for the fisherman Ange Stéphan, île de Groix, FRA.
- decommissioned from fishery after 26 years and sold to the Royal Sailing Club of Ostende, BEL in 1957 and later to England in 1974.
- given to the Port Musée de Douarnenez, FRA in 1991.
- restoration supported by the association Les Amis du Biche who rised the necessary funds.
- 2006-2012 restored in Lorient supported by Chantier du Guip and François Vivier.
- as the last remaining Dundée Thonier of the Groix island she is presented at sailing events in the region, participation in the events Les Tonnerres de Brest 2012, Festival Temps Fete sur Dourarnenez 2012.
Contact:Website (français, 16 May 2021):
Dundée Thonier Biche: website of the supporting group of friends of Biche with many links to other ressources, photos, videos