Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Coppelia"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Base port:||La Rochelle|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Yard:||Parveau, Marennes, FRA|
|Overall length:||14.50 m|
|Length (hull):||11.36 m|
|Sail area:||100 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. MWM|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 20 Jun 2013
- former oyster boat launched in 1953, used by Alphonse Goëlo from Bourcefranc, FRA for transport tasks in the oyster business until 1988 using the engine only without any rigging.
- after decommissioning and some years of maintainance by the owner she was for sale after a gale in late 1997.
- sold, hauled and restored within several years; rigged as sailboat since 2005.
- takes part in sailing events in the region.
- named "Coppelia" after a ballet by the French composer Léo Delibes.
Contact:Website (français, 16 Jun 2013):
Coppelia: website of the boat with basic specification, many photos, her recent history, contact