Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Seagull"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Yard:||Archibald Malcolm, Isle of Bute, Scotland, GBR|
|Overall length:||9.20 m|
|Length (hull):||7.30 m|
|Sail area:||58 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 20 Jun 2013
- designed by Alfred Mylne and built by Archibald Malcolm on the Isle of Bute (Scotland) in 1903.
- British owners until 1974, several changes of the owner then.
- 1985 bought by Yann Mauffret from the French sailor Michel Bernard from Oléron, FRA.
- complete restoration in 1988 and 2003 by Chantier du Guip shipyard, I'lle-aux-Moines, in Brest, FRA.
- used as private yacht and presented at sailing ship festivals in the region.