Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Loch Monna BR267586"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Loch Monna BR267586|
|Type of rigging:||SLUP|
|Type of ship:||Sloop Coquillier|
|Yard:||Auguste Tertu, Le Fret, FRA|
|Overall length:||10.90 m|
|Length (hull):||10.90 m|
|Sail area:||120 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||4 Zyl. Lombardini|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 20 Jun 2013
- built 1956 by Auguste Tertu, Le Fret, FRA for owner François Le Bot.
- 1959 bought by Jean Touraine for the fishery of sea shells in the Bay of Brest and Saint-Brieuc, FRA.
- since 1974 equipped with a wheel house on the deck.
- 1991 decommissioned from the fishery and sold to Michel Crétien, 2004 sold to Guy Trivas.
- 2011 purchased by Yann Roger, removal of the wheel house, rigged like the Sloop Coquillier of the region of Brest.
- since 2012 used for sailing trips based in Brest, Tinduff next to Plougastel Daoulas, FRA with sailing guests interested in maritime tradition and history on board of old fishing boats.
- participation in sailing ship events in the region, 2012 presentation at the maritime festival "Les Tonnerres de Brest".
Contact:Website (français, 08 Jun 2013):
Loch Monna BR267586 - coquillier de la rade de Brest: information about activities on board of the ship, history and photos