Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Vega"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Overall length:||30.50 m|
|Sail area:||650 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 21 Aug 2022
- built in 1909, based in Lerberget and Höganäs, SWE and used in the Baltic Sea without engine until 1932.
- 1937-1966 registered in Skarhamn, SWE.
- bought by B. Guthenberg, moved to Stockholm, SWE.
- after several changes of the owner and bad maintainance she sunk in Stockholm (Söder Mälarstrand) in 1985.
- rised and given to the Riksmuseet and later to the Stiftelsen Människan och Havet of Gamleby, SWE.
- restoration between 1993-2008.
- used for passanger sailing and presented at sailing festivals in the Baltic Sea.
- 2022 sold to Sailcargo Inc. from Costa Rica, plans to use her at the South-North America route to transport Colombian coffee to the United States
Contact:Website (på svenska/deutsch/English summary in English, 21 Aug 2022):
Vega: older website with technical specification, some facts of her history, photos, information for sailing on board, contact address, news blog
Website (English, 21 Aug 2022):
Sail Cargo Inc.: the owner and operator, presenting their idea and results of green cargo shipping