Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Utopia"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Lotsenboot|
|Yard:||Abeking & Rasmussen, Lemwerder, GER|
|Overall length:||13.48 m|
|Length (hull):||10.48 m|
|Sail area:||75 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 May 2013
- built in 1929 in Lemwerder, GER at the shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen according to drawings by Colin Archer.
- 1974 general restoration at the shipyard Defraigne in Ostende, BEL; the name in this time was "Senta".
- about 2002 purchased by Sune Blinkenberg, Egernsund, DK; renamed the "Utopia".
- since 2004 owned by the family Tilma, several repairs and overhauls, in 2006 fitted with a new engine.
- since then often participated in international Tallships Races, so in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011.