Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Leenan Head"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of ship:||Zulu|
|Yard:||Banff, Ecosse, GBR|
|Overall length:||23.00 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 12 Feb 2012
- built 1906 in Banff, Ecosse in Scotland; used in the fishery at the Western Irish coast for more than 30 years.
- in the beginning of the 1950s fitted with an engine.
- used as supplier and mail boat of the Iles d'Aran until 1995.
- restoration until 2003, followed by visits in Western France, Spain, Western Africa, the Caribbean and Azores.
- since 2008 charter trips on order.
Contact:Website (français, 06 Feb 2012):
Leenan Head: website of the Zulu with news and actual sailing programme, basic information about the history and measurements, photos, contact