Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Gouwzee"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Johannes, Vier Gebroeders, Hendrika, Morgenster, EL-RO|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||2-Mast Klipper|
|Yard:||De Voruitgang, Gouwsluis, NL|
|Overall length:||42.00 m|
|Length (hull):||35.00 m|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Scania DSI 11|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 12 Feb 2012
- built 1907 at the shipyard Vooruitgang of the Boot family in Gouwsluis, NL on order of C. van Delft from Gorichem, NL; a sister ship with the name "Cornelia" was built in 1905 at the same shipyard; first name was "Johannes".
- change of the owner and name, in 1935 registered as "Hendrika" in the Rhine shipping registry.
- 1938 fitted with the first engine (135 hp), removal of the rigging and building of a deck house during this time.
- 1958 lengthening of the hull to 41,37m and higher tonnage from 220t up to 330t.
- decommissioning, 1975 intended to be scrapped, but in 1979 she was listed in the Register International de Bateaux du Rhin as "Morgenster", last name during the years as a freighter was "EL-RO".
- 1997 converted to a sailing ship for the charter business with sailing guests, since operated under the name "Gouwzee", mainly sails the IJsselmeer and Dutch coastal and inland waters.