Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Gouwzee"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Johannes, Vier Gebroeders, Hendrika, Morgenster, EL-RO|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||2-Mast Klipper|
|Yard:||De Voruitgang, Gouwsluis, NL|
|Overall length:||42.00 m|
|Length (hull):||35.00 m|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||Scania DSI 11|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 12 Feb 2012
- built 1907 at the shipyard Vooruitgang of the Boot family in Gouwsluis, NL on order of C. van Delft from Gorichem, NL; a sister ship with the name "Cornelia" was built in 1905 at the same shipyard; first name was "Johannes".
- change of the owner and name, in 1935 registered as "Hendrika" in the Rhine shipping registry.
- 1938 fitted with the first engine (135 hp), removal of the rigging and building of a deck house during this time.
- 1958 lengthening of the hull to 41,37m and higher tonnage from 220t up to 330t.
- decommissioning, 1975 intended to be scrapped, but in 1979 she was listed in the Register International de Bateaux du Rhin as "Morgenster", last name during the years as a freighter was "EL-RO".
- 1997 converted to a sailing ship for the charter business with sailing guests, since operated under the name "Gouwzee", mainly sails the IJsselmeer and Dutch coastal and inland waters.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch/English, 05 Feb 2012):
Zeilklipper Gouwzee: website of the ship with charter information, history, photos and technical specification, information about the crew, contact