Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Anne Margrethe"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Registered port:||Kristiansund, Frei|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Hardanger Jakt|
|Yard:||Lars Knudtsen, Skaale, Hardanger, NOR|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 Jan 2012
- built 1880-81 as Hardanger Jagd in Skaale/Hardanger, NOR by ship builder Lars Knudtsen on order of shipping company owner J. Chr. Juul from Kristiansund, NOR.
- used to carry salted fish.
- since 1936 owned by Jacob Grøneng, conversion to a freighter under engine of 150 hp.
- 1942 confiscated by German occupying force, carriage of sand for the building of fortifications at the coast, after the WWII used as freighter further on.
- changing owners between 1959 and 1979, in Sept. 1979 registered in Trondheim, NOR by P/R & Ryvarden Krogstad.
- restoration as sailing ship and converted to a boat for leisure and charter trips, 1989 second maiden voyage operated by her owner Jon Einar Botten.
Contact:Website (norsk, 23 Oct 2011):
Anne Margrethe: basic data and history, photos, contact address