Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ambiance"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-SCHONER|
|Type of ship:||3-Mast Klipper|
|Yard:||Gebrüder Paans, Rode Vaart, NL|
|Sail area:||350 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 19 Feb 2011
- built 1908 in Rode Vaart next to Moerdijk, NL at the shipyard of the Paans brothers as 1-masted sailing ship without engine, first name was "Novalis", transfort of timber, steel, stone or coal at the Dutch inland and coastal waters.
- installation of an engine, removal of the rigg, used as cargo ship until the 1960s.
- later lenghtening of the hull by 9m, used as freighter until 1997.
- 1997 begin of the conversion to a passenger charter ship, rigged as 3-masted gaff schooner, 1999 renamed the "Ambiance".
- during summer sailing trips with guests, educational sailing trips for school classes with pedagogical guidance, during winter bed & breackfast in Amsterdam, NL.
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch, 19 Feb 2011):
Ambiance: specification, history, many photos, offers for sailing on board, contact address