Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Gulden Leeuw"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Dana, Dana Researcher, Esvagt Dana, Dana Nyborg|
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Overall length:||70.10 m|
|Length (hull):||57.00 m|
|Sail area:||1400 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 19 Feb 2011
- built 1937 on order of the Danish Ministry of Agriculture as oceangoing explorer enabled for ice waters, first name "Dana".
- used for oceanographic expeditions.
- 1939 lenghtening of the hull by 9m.
- 1980 sold to Bertra International, renamed the "Dana Researcher".
- 1984 sold to Esvagt A/S, refitted to be used to support in the offshore industry, renamed the "Esvagt Dana".
- 2000 sold to the Danish Navigation School of Nyborg, DK, renamed the "Dana Nyborg", used for education and training.
- 2007 sold to P&T Charters VOF (Robert Postuma und Arjen Töllner), rebuilt by the Royal Shipyard Balk, Urk, NL until 2010 for charter trips with guests, rigged as 3-masted topsail schooner, renamed the "Gulden Leeuw".