Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Anny of Charlestown"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Anny of Charlestown|
|Ex-names:||Falken, Sparkania, Svenja, Fiddlers Green, Lina, Anny|
|Type of rigging:||TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Toppsegelschoner)|
|Yard:||Karstensen & Henriksen, Skagen, DK|
|Sail area:||211 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 07 Mar 2021
- built 1930, used in the fishery in the Baltic Sea and North Sea until 1972.
- used as private boat by a German until 2004, later by an Australian until 2007.
- extensive overhaul in about 2000.
- 2008 purchased by Mogens Hoirup, returned under Danish flag, offered as school ship in winter, sail training and charter during the summer.
- 2012 change of the engine, registered in Germany, renamed the "Lina".
- 2016 change of the owner, moved to Glückstadt/Elbe, GER; renamed the "Anny".
- since 2019 operating out of Charlestown Harbour, Cornwall, GBR, available for film, events, day sailing, charter and festivals; renamed the "Anny of Charlestown".