Ship profile for the sailing ship: "La Vaudoise"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of ship:||Confrérie|
|Overall length:||22.65 m|
|Length (hull):||17.00 m|
|Sail area:||140 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 07 Feb 2010
- built 1932 at Bret-Locum on the Lake Geneva for the owner Eloi Giroud of Villeneuve, originally named "La Violette", used to transport materials like stones, sand, gravel and timber until 1948.
- purchased by the association "Pirates d'Ouchy", preservation of the ship, renamed the "La Vaudoise".
- 1965 dry-docked to give the entire hull and deck surface a polyester coating.
- winter 1972/1973 fitted with a new 120 hp engine.
- 1975 fitting-out of the galley for a trip around Lake Geneva on the occasion of the first utilisation of the "La Vaudoise" as a mail carrier.
- 1978 replacement of the deck and extensive further repairs, but because of the bad condition of the hull the ship's navigation permit was revoked, 1979 foundation of a support committee for the preservation of the boat, boat was listed as a historical monument, fund-raising campaign until 1981.
- 1980-1982 restoration carried out by the Sartorio shipyard of Mies, SUI, relaunched in April 1982.
- 1987 chartered by the Vaud Winegrowers Association, the "La Vaudoise" went on a complete tour of the Lac des Quatre-Cantons (Lake Lucerne), promoting the excellent wines of the Lake Geneva region.
- 1999 replacement of the deck at the shipyard Ries Brothers.
- 2001 fitted out with new sails.
- during the summer the ship sails nearly every day on the Lake Geneva, meetings with other boats of the region, participation in Wine-Grower's Festival at Vevey, and in 2004 in the Sail Brest Festival
Contact:Website (français/English, 04 Feb 2010):
La Vaudoise: history and photos, contact, possebilities to sail on board, info about the boat type and operator