Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ocean Pride PZ134"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Ocean Pride PZ134|
|Base port:||Rye, East Sussex|
|Type of ship:||Counter-stern Lugger|
|Yard:||Henry Peake, Newlyn, GBR|
|Length (hull):||12.80 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 21 Jul 2013
- built by Henry Peake of Newlyn, UK in 1919 with an engine and a foremast stepped in a tabernacle, counter-stern hull, made popular after the World War I when motors became usual.
- was actively fishing from Newlyn and Hayle in West Cornwall, decommissioned in 1991 and finally bought by Leslie Rowe of the Dock Inn, Penzance; major refit in recent years.
- breaking of the mast in a storm off the Lizard while she sailed to the Looe regatta 2001.
- usually takes part in sailing festivals at the English or French channel coast.
- 2010 purchased by Matthew Wall from Leslie Rowe, begin of a refitting based in Rye, East Sussex, UK.
Contact:Website (English, 31 Jan 2010):
Cornish Luggers Online Guide: website dedicated to Cornish luggers and the Looe lugger regatta with the history of the boats and many photos