Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Guide Me"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of ship:||Cornish Lugger|
|Yard:||Peter Ferris, Looe, Cornwall, GBR|
|Overall length:||21.95 m|
|Length (hull):||12.10 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 07 Feb 2010
- built by Peter Ferris of Looe, Cornwall, UK for Mr. W. Pengelly in 1911.
- fished out of various East Cornwall harbours until being sold on to the Solent in 1966.
- owner was Charles Williams.
- called "Guidez-Moi" under another owner Ted Williams, had an engine in that time
- bought in 1977 from Ted Williams in Fareham Creek by Jono and Judy Brickhill, who restored her.
- 1988 voyage via the Douarnenez Festival to Spain, Portugal, Tenerife, La Palma and on to Brazil, return via Cape Town in South Africa and then later back to America.
- participates in the sailing events at the coasts of England and France like in in the Looe Lugger Race and in the Douarnenez Festivals
Contact:Website (English, 31 Jan 2010):
Cornish Luggers Online Guide: website dedicated to Cornish luggers and the Looe lugger regatta with the history of the boats and many photos