Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Fleur de Mai"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Fleur de Mai|
|Registered port:||Saint Malo|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Gabare de Lampaul|
|Yard:||Jacq, l'Hôpital-Camfrout, FRA|
|Overall length:||28.00 m|
|Length (hull):||17.40 m|
|Sail area:||270 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 Mar 2011
- 1950 built by Jacq in l'Hôpital-Camfrout, FRA on order of François Arzel.
- cargo ship for transport mainly of sand at the coast of Brittany, mainly used in the region of the Iroise Sea (Mer dIroise).
- decommissioned in 1983 and taken over by Joël Guena who rebuilt and used her for leisure times.
- 1992 listed as historical monument of the French culture.
- after based in Dunkerque, FRA for a long time she used St. Malo, FRA as port of operation today, owned by 3 person who care for her maintenance and operation, participation in sailing festivals of the region.
Contact:Website (français, 26 Mar 2011):
Fleur de Mai: weblog with some photos