Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Annemarie"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Nobiskrug, Rendsburg, GER|
|Overall length:||45.00 m|
|Length (hull):||31.90 m|
|Sail area:||585 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||8-Zyl. Turbo Mercedes|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 28 Dec 2009
- 1930 built at the Nobiskrug shipyard in Rendsburg, GER with building number 393, on order of W.J. Penns, Hamburg; launched as motor schooner "Annemarie" in July 1930, registered for Capt. Julius Penns, Burg/Dithmarschen, GER.
- 1935 lengthening of the hull at the Nobiskrug shipyard, Rendsburg, GER.
- 1939 requisitioned for military service as supplier and tranporter, used amongst others at the French channel coast and in the Baltic Sea for mine sweeping, 1945 given back to the owner.
- 1948 registered in Kiel, GER.
- 1953 lengthening of the hull at the Nobiskrug shipyard, Rendsburg, GER and exchange of the engine.
- since 1954 operated by J. Thode, Hamburg as responsable ship owner.
- 1963 sold to W. Kruse, further operated by J. Thode.
- 1977 change of the homeport to Itzehoe, GER and later to Hamburg, GER.
- 1987 J. Thode gave up the operation of the ship, definite decommissioning in 1991.
- 1992 purchased by the company Makarenko Schiffahrts GmbH, Arnis with the aim to convert the ship for the charter business, laid up for years at the shipyard Eberhardt in Arnis, GER.
- 1995/1996 removal of all deck equipment except the masts.
- 2004 transported and registered in Sassnitz, GER; complete removal of everything in the hull.
- 2008 purchased by the association Europäische Jugendhanse e.V.; continuation of the restore to a 3-masted topsail schooner, in August 2008 moved to Rendsburg, GER and registered there, she is dedicated for the working with young people in maintaining and operating a seagoing ship.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 12 Dec 2009):
Annemarie: website of the owner Europäische Jugendhanse e.V. with history, pictures and contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 48-50 Source with picture Source with history Quelle with contact
"Die ANNEMARIE, der letzte Nobiskruger kommt zurück"