Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Morgenster"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||SCH 200 De Vrouw Maria, SCH 324 Morgenster|
|Registered port:||Den Helder|
|Type of rigging:||BRIGG|
|Yard:||D. & Joh. Boot, Alphen aan de Rijn, NL|
|Overall length:||48.00 m|
|Length (hull):||39.00 m|
|Sail area:||550 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 10 Jan 2014
- built 1919 by D. & Joh. Boot, Alphen aan de Rijn, NL, first name was "De Vrouw Maria", registered in Scheveningen, NL as SCH 200, commissioned in the fishing business.
- 1928 installation of an engine.
- in WWII confiscated, after the war in 1945 returned in IJmuiden.
- 1947 lenghtened and new surveyed.
- 1948 change of the engine.
- 1959 after change of the owner renamed the "Morgenster" and registered as SCH 324 in Scheveningen, NL.
- since 1970 used in the sport fishery by new owner F.Vrolijk.
- since 1980 platform of Radio Del Mare (radio ship).
- 1993 purchased by Harry Muter, converted to a sailing ship to be used in the charter business, since 2008 private charter and sailtraining vessel based in Den Helder, NL.
- 2013 change of the engine (450 hp Scania DS13).
- name "Morgenster" means morning star.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch/English, 29 Jul 2009):
Morgenster: website of the ship with mainly charter information, photos, basic contact hints, technical data