Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Adler von Krautsand"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Adler von Krautsand|
|Ex-names:||Ingoratha, Walter, Hans-Walter II|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Besanewer|
|Yard:||Hans Jacobs, Moorrege, Uetersen, GER|
|Overall length:||22.50 m|
|Length (hull):||17.50 m|
|Sail area:||142 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||6 Zyl. MAN|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 05 Aug 2009
- built 1913 at the shipyard Jacobs in Moorrege, GER; christened "Adler von Krautsand", because the first owner K. Haack came from the river island Krautsand.
- cargo ship without engine to transport building materials, fruit and vegetables to Hamburg, coastal towns or to the inland region.
- 1924 fitted with an engine.
- lengthening of the hull up to 50m, conversion to an inland water motor ship.
- several changes of the owner and name of the ship.
- 1978 salvage from being scrapped by the shiplover I. Schwarz from Hamburg, reconstruction of the ship's hull to original measurements.
- after the death of I. Schwarz in 2005 purchased by B. and D. Pogoda from Bremen, exhaustive restoring as Besanewer (sailing barge from the river Elbe), first voyage in summer 2006 in the Baltic Sea.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 45-48 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
B.und D. Pogoda
"Mal eben schnell restauriert... ADLER VON KRAUTSAND ex INGORATHA"