Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Christian Müther"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||TJALK|
|Type of ship:||See-Tjalk|
|Overall length:||32.15 m|
|Length (hull):||23.85 m|
|Sail area:||200 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Eisen / Iron|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 05 Aug 2009
- built 1904 in Groningen, NL as Tjalk, 1 mast and rigged as cutter.
- meanwhile registered in Hamburg, GER.
- since 1952 she was operated in the Greifswald Bay and backwater.
- in February 1970 laid up in Seedorf on the island Rügen and used as repair shop and storage of holiday homes.
- after the reunification of Germany given to the museum port of Greifswald.
- 1993 taken by the Christian-Müther-Stiftung and restored, christened to commemorate the doctor Christian Müther, who died because of asthma in 1989, today used for sailing trips with children suffering from asthma, active traditional ship and owned by the Museumshafen Greifswald e.V.
- beginn of 2009 maintenance of the hull on a shipyard in Stralsund, GER; since February 2009 the Deutsch-Skandinavische Fördergesellschaft e.V. association from Greifswald, GER operates the ship, used for maritime educational projects in the Baltic Sea region.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 13-21 Source with picture Source with history
"Die Seedorfer Schiffe und die Ostdeutsche Gründerzeit"