Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Edme"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Registered port:||St. Osyth|
|Type of rigging:||BARGE|
|Type of ship:||Thames Sailing Barge|
|Yard:||Canns, Harwich, GBR|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Mar 2008
- built in 1898 by Canns of Harwich and named after the EDME Company (English Diast at ic Malt Extract), situated at Mistley Quay, Essex; owned by F.W. Horlock at Harwich, GB.
- removal of her rigging for use as a lighter by Brown & Co. in 1949.
- lengthy restoration at Maldon before being bought by the Harman-Harrison Consortium, and now the "Edme" consortium.
- rerigged as bowsprit barge in 1992, based at St. Osyth.
- available for day charters from Brightlingsea, England throughout the season.