Ship profile for the sailing ship: "De Hoge Wier"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||De Hoge Wier|
|Ex-names:||Anna Cornelia, Schier, Friesland|
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Klipper|
|Overall length:||31.00 m|
|Length (hull):||24.95 m|
|Sail area:||568 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Mar 2008
- 1899 built as sailing freighter for the mudflats and tideland of the North Sea, first name "Anna Cornelia".
- today used in the charter business, sailing with guests on the Ijsselmeer and coastal waters.
- since 2007 modern rigging.
- successful participation in regattas of traditional sailing ships, the Pieperrace at Volendam and Klipperrace at Muiden.
- named the "De Hoge Wier" after a shelf off Ameland.
Contact:Website (nederlands, 24 Feb 2008):
De Hoge Wier: information about the ship with history, photos and technical data, offers for sailing, news, contact address