Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Ardwina"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||BARGE|
|Type of ship:||Thames Sailing Barge|
|Yard:||Orvis & Fuller, Ipswich, GBR|
|Overall length:||26.15 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Mar 2008
- built 1907/09 by Orvis & Fuller, Ipswich, England.
- owned by E. L. & W. Goldsmith, sold in 1938 to Metcalf Motor Coasters Limited.
- general trade on the East Coast and London, engaged in the stone trade from Portland to Greenwich until 1951.
- purchased by Daniels Bros. (Whitstable) Limited in 1951.
- converted to a barge yacht in 1959, houseboat at Chelsea in the 1970s, refitted in 1970.
- acquired by Ardwina Ltd. in 1985, since then she is based in St. Katherines Dock, London, available for seminars and meetings in London, river trips on the Thames, participates in Barge Match Races.
- refitted in 1989/90.
Contact:Website (English, 29 May 2021):
Ardwina: basic info about the ship at the business website of the owner