Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Repertor"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||BARGE|
|Type of ship:||Thames Sailing Barge|
|Yard:||F.W. Horlock, Mistley Building Company, GB|
|Overall length:||26.00 m|
|Sail area:||370 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 10 Feb 2012
- built of steel at Mistley, Essex, England in 1924 as 1st of 7 Thames sailing barges for M.R. Horlock.
- converted to to motor tanker barge, decomissioned from trade, owner G. Reeve, houseboat at Battersea.
- rerigged by Charles McLaren in 1987.
- owned by David Pollock, based at Standard Quay, Faversham, GBR.
- offers sailing charter for up to 12 passengers or quayside meetings for up to 50 guests today, participates in the barge match races on the English North Sea coast.
- name "Repertor" in Latin means discoverer, explorer, inventor, innovator, deviser.
Contact:Website (English, 11 Feb 2012):
Thames Sailing Barge Repertor: information about the ship with photos, history, specification, about the sailing region, about barge match racing, offers for charter, contact