Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Goxsheim"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Yard:||Bård Gjerde, Hatlestrand, Hardanger, NOR|
|Overall length:||30.00 m|
|Length (hull):||22.50 m|
|Sail area:||290 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo Penta TMD 100C|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Mar 2008
- built as a motor cutter by boat builder Bård Gjerde in Hatlestrand in Hardanger in 1940, (not rigged for sailing).
- used in the fishery, probably as an assistance vessel during the herring fisheries.
- extensive reconstruction work during the last years by professional boat builders, change of the engine in autumn 1999, installation of a deckhouse with a cabin astern, a new, large poop with a skylight amidships, galley, lounge, bathroom and sauna, cabins in the forepart.
- rigged as a gaff rigged Hardanger cutter during autumn/winter 2001 at Solombola Shipyard in Archangelsk, RUS; installation on board in Vadsø, Finnmark, NOR in January 2002 sails by Sail Service in Gdansk, POL during May 2003.
- operated by Aurora Borealis, a small company doing sailing ship cruises in Northern Norway.
Contact:Website (norsk/English, 21 Feb 2008):
Goxsheim: information about the ship, voyages and offers for sailing, photos, contact address, guest book