Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Spes Mea"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||TJALK|
|Type of ship:||Groninger Seetjalk|
|Yard:||Boerema, Maartenshoek, NL|
|Sail area:||220 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Nov 2007
- built 1902 on order of Jan Drost at the shipyard Boerema in Maartenshoek, NL.
- used as freighter under sails transporting salt, timber and feeding to England, Norway, Sweden, Danmark and Germany.
- 1924 taken over by R. Krook, used under sails further on.
- since 1934 used as inland water ship mainly as bulk carrier under sails.
- 1954 taken over by the son of R. Krook and removal of the rig, installation of a 2 cyl. Deutz engine with 38 h.p.
- decommissioned in 1968 in Purmerend, NL; house boat for Krook (until 1987), who worked as a bridge guard then.
- change of the owner and used als living ship.
- 1989 purchased by Jan van Berge, restore and conversion in a charter ship for guest sailing under sails, used in the Dutch coastal region of the North Sea.
- 1998 purchased by Klaas Bosch and Danny Munnikes, used in the charter business based in Harlingen, NL; since 2003 is Klaas Bosch the only owner.