Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Helene"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Johan Henrik Grufstedt, Ystad, SWE|
|Overall length:||32.00 m|
|Length (hull):||24.52 m|
|Sail area:||350 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo Penta TMD 100|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 26 May 2005
- built 1916 at the shipyard of Johan Henrik Grufstedt in Ystad, SWE as a schooner, first owner was a part-owning ship company with H.F. Holm holding the main part, registered in Göteborg.
- 1917 purchased by the Svenska Cementförsäljnings AB, installation of an engine, which was replaced by another in 1938, registered in Malmö.
- 1922 taken over by the part-owning ship company Henriksson and Berg, Stockevik.
- since 1926 E.F. Carlsson, Stora Kornö, had the main parts, then since 1930 L.E.M. Andersson, Västervik, and later since 1933 registered in Kårö.
- 1943 damaged by storm and converted in a gaff ketch, taken over by E.G.L. Hellman, Kalmar, later by R. Kindström and again later by L. Lindberg from Stockholm.
- used to transport cargos until the mid of the 1960s, laid up then for sale.
- 1967 purchased by Anders Lönn from Kalmar and registered here, start of an exhaustive restore, fitted with a schooner rig and installation of a new engine in 1981.
- 2000 taken over by the Ystads Segelfartygsförening, returned to Ystad.
Contact:Website (på svenska, 10 Apr 2016):
TS Helene: basic information about her history and technical specification, photos, contact form
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data Quelle with contact
"Kulturarv under Segel, Levande segelfartygstradition i Sverige"
Sveriges Segelfartygsförening 2007 ISBN: 91-973000-6-3
Page: 133 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact