Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Zwadde"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||2-Mast Klipper|
|Yard:||Gebrüder Ruitenberg, Waspik, NL|
|Sail area:||250 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Eisen / Iron|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 01 Nov 2007
- built 1897 as iron 1-masted Klipper at the shipyard of the Ruitenberg brothers in Waspik, Noord-Brabant, NL; first name "Litra" as combination of the 1st letters of the names of the children of the owner.
- transport of goods under sails until the 1930s, removal of the mast and used as motor ship until 1986.
- 1987 purchased by Adri Bakker in Belgium, rebuilt and converted in a charter ship for passenger sailing, rigged as a ketch.
- sold to Willem Slichting and Frank Vlaan, use in the charter business for 2 years based in Kiel, GER in the Baltic Sea.
- sold to Martin Duba and later to Frans Kochx, restoration and use in the charter business until 1999.
- sold to Datema Jonkert, used for charter until 2001.
- 2001 sold to Lars Mijnlieff, extensive maintainance and overhaul, renamed the "Zwadde" after a small Frisian river.
- November 2004 taken over by Gert Bakker, charter voyages since the season 2005 sailing the Dutch North Sea coast.
Contact:Website (nederlands/deutsch/English, 06 Oct 2007):
Zwadde: information about the ship, history, photos, sailing area, charter infos, contact address