Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Adornate"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Arie Jacob KW 149, Marry Martin KW 149, Pieter Agatha KW 191, Walvis, Barabah|
|Type of rigging:||STAGSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||De Industrie van D & Joh. Boot, Alphen aan de Rijn, NL|
|Overall length:||44.00 m|
|Length (hull):||38.00 m|
|Sail area:||507 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 19 Jun 2009
- built 1961 as fishing vessel with engine, name was "Arie Jacob KW 149", operated by N.V. Katwijksche Rederij and Haringhandel v/h A. den Dulk from Katwijk, NL, later since 1970 used by the Rederij Krijgsman-Ouwehand from Katwijk and named "Marry Martin KW 149".
- in October 1979 fitted with the new engine Mirrlees & Blackstone Diesel.
- since 1981 owned by Rederij H. Ouwehand from Katwijk.
- in August 1987 purchased by Rederij D. & P. Hoek from Katwijk, renamed "Pieter Agatha KW 191".
- in February 1991 sold to Rederij Van Laars Visserijketting, IJmuiden, renamed the "Walvis", later laid up at IJmuiden for 3 years.
- 1995 purchased by Rick and Marjon Wiering from Akkrum in Friesland, NL.
- 1996/97 completely rebuilt in Franeker, NL, rigged as a staysail schooner, used for many years in the Mediterranean under the name "Barabah".
- 2005/06 owner changed, general overhaul in a shipyard, renamed the "Adornate", new engine 380 h.p. Cummins diesel.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com