Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Príncipe Perfeito"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Mont des Cats, Esmi, Boston, Lars Tore|
|Type of rigging:||3-MAST-TOPPSEGELSCHONER|
|Yard:||Chantier Navals de Caen, Blainville, FRA|
|Overall length:||41.52 m|
|Sail area:||560 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 03 Feb 2007
- built 1949 at the shipyard Chantiers Navals de Caen, in Blaineville, FRA; first name was "Mont des Cats" until 1973.
- 1973 converted into a coastal freighter, renamed the "Esmi".
- 1977 renamed the "Boston".
- 1996 renamed the "Lars Tore".
- purchased by Veltagus Companhia de Navios Charter Lda in October 2001, registered in Lisbon under Portuguese flag and the name "Príncipe Perfeito", converted from a probably Norwegean fishing trawler into a 3-masted sailing ship for passenger sailing trips on the river Tejo and coastal waters.
Contact:Website (portugueis/English, 23 Jan 2007):
Príncipe Perfeito: basic information about the ship with photos, sailing programme, contact address