Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Berliner Bär"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||YAWL|
|Type of ship:||Bermudayawl, Hochseekreuzer|
|Yard:||Woltersdorf (Berlin), GER|
|Overall length:||13.40 m|
|Sail area:||120 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 03 Feb 2007
- construction by Werner Siegel, yacht shipyard Berlin Köpenick, GER.
- built by the pressure group "Hochseekreuzer Patriot" (project name), members of a sail club, at the terrain of the club.
- launched May 29, 1965 in Woltersdorft, sailing club at the Flakensee next to Berlin, maiden voyage at the lakes of Berlin.
- after some trimming in the Baltic Sea in 1965 she sailed on all seas of the world, mainly in the Mediterranean.
- took part in the Hanse Sail Rostock, among other in 2002, 2005, 2006.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 48 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data