Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Wissemara"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||HANSEKOGGE|
|Overall length:||31.46 m|
|Length (hull):||25.00 m|
|Sail area:||276 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo Penta Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 17 Apr 2016
- reconstruction of a Hanseatic cog from the Baltic Sea region from the first half of the 14. century.
- 1997/98 a wreck was found near the island Poel, GER; since 1999 measurement and salvage as well as begin of the conservation of the wreck, which should be finished in 2017; origin of the wreck probably Finland and built in about 1773, however this wreck motivated to build the hanseatic cog.
- July 2000 symbolically keel laid for a reconstruction of the cog, implementation of a ship building hall and workshops in the port area of Wismar, GER.
- 2001 building of a model (1:10) and the keel was laid in the ship building hall, fitting of the makeshift spants and first planking.
- 2002 installation of the spants and on the end of the year the first deck beam were fitted.
- 2003 making of the mast, installation of lengthwise stiffenings and continued work on the hull of the cog.
- 2004 finishing of the planks, making if the oar blade.
- May 29, 2004 lifted into water under sympathy of the people of the region Wismar.
- 2005 building of the deck and interior, begin of the building of the rigging.
- 2006 fitted with an auxiliary engine.
- maiden voyage in August 2006 participating in the Hansesail Rostock in company with the hanseatic cogs "Roland von Bremen", "Hansekogge", "Ubena von Bremen" and the Kraweel "Lisa von Lübeck", first meeting of the medieval ships in Wismar 2006.
- named the "Wissemara" after a small river next to the town Wismar.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 20 Jan 2007):
Wissemara: website of the operating association with history, main technical specification, contact address
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
"Hanse Sail Rostock - Wo man sich begegnet"
Hanse Sail Verein Rostock e.V. 2005
Page: 227 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data
Mitteilungsblatt der Freunde des Gaffelriggs
Page: 50-52 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact
Volker Gries, Hannes Seifert
"Erstes Koggentreffen in Wismar 2006 - Jungfernfahrt der Wissemara"