Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Black Swan"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Rana of Hadsund|
|Base port:||St. Johns|
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||Rasmus Møller, Fåborg, DK|
|Overall length:||27.25 m|
|Length (hull):||21.06 m|
|Sail area:||313 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||2 Zyl. Hundested Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 23 Mar 2014
- "Rana" was built in 1919 at the shipyard R. Møller in Fåborg, DK as motor lighthouse vessel (No. IV).
- 1979 sold and util 1981 converted to a schooner, used for sailing voyages with guests and cocial-pedagogical work and purposes.
- long voyages since then, i.e. to the Faröer Islands (1981), North Atlantic (1981-82), Caribbean and North America (1984-85), Spain and Portugal (1985-86), the Amazonas Delta and Caribbean (1986-87), Caribbean (1987-88), circumnavigation of Scottland (1988), South Amerika 1989-91, circumnavigation if the world (1991-94), Caribbean (1995-96), northern Baltic Sea (1999), North Atlantic to Greenland (2000-03), Baltic Sea and Finland, Lithuania and circumnavigation of Denmark (2004).
- for sale in 2005.
- 2006 sold to Antigua, converted to a tourist attraction vessel, renamed the "Black Swan", based at Redcliffe Quay Pier in St. Johns, Antigua.
- 2012 with reduced rigg (1 mast only) in St. John's, Antigua; unknown owner situation.