Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Nortun AE87"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Brandenburg AE87, De Noord VL54, Willemina KW1, Fænø, Turø, Nortun|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Logger|
|Yard:||Nordseewerke, Emden, GER|
|Overall length:||37.00 m|
|Length (hull):||26.00 m|
|Sail area:||540 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
|Engine:||GM V8 71|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 02 May 2006
- built in 1905 at the Nordseewerke shipyard, Emden, GER, first name was "Brandenburg AE87" registered in Aurich/Emden.
- 1914 confiscated by England, 1919 sold in an auction to Holland, renamed the "De Noord VL54", registered in Vlaardingen, NL.
- 1923 renamed in "Willemina KW1", registered in Katwijk, NL.
- 1934 sold to Denmark, renamed the "Fænø" and registered in Middelfart, DK.
- fitted with an engine which was exchanged again by a stronger one in 1943.
- after 1945 moved to Svendborg, DK, under the name "Turø", transport of cargos at the Baltic Sea between Germany, Denmark and Sweden, installation of a stronger engine.
- 1954 change of the owner, renamed the "Nortun", registered in Kopervik, NOR.
- 2003 change of the owner and renamed in "Nortun AE87", restauration, partly in Emden, GER.
Contact:Website (norsk, 11 Mar 2006):
Logger Nortun AE87: technical specification, history, photos of her restore, contact address