Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Haukur"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Yard:||John at Eleven, Reykjavík, ICE|
|Overall length:||21.50 m|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Dec 2005
- built in Reykjavík, Iceland in 1973, constructed in the shipyard "John at Eleven".
- used for fishing in the Western Fjords of Iceland.
- bought by the organisation North Sailing in 1996, converted into a passenger vessel for whale-watching tours until summer of 1997.
- 2001 taken into dry dock in Húsavík and converted into a schooner, similar to the fishing schooners which were common on the northern coasts of Iceland in the late 19th century.
- sails with passenger on pleasure sailing trips and whale-watching excursions.