Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Alliance"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Leclerc de Hauteclocque, Tin-Hinan|
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Type of ship:||Dundee Thonier (Thunfischfänger), Gaffelketsch|
|Yard:||Elie Garnier, Les Sables-d'Olonne, FRA|
|Overall length:||27.00 m|
|Sail area:||350 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 06 Nov 2005
- built 1949 by Elie Garnier, Les Sables-d'Olonne, FRA; first name "Leclerc de Hauteclocque"
- used in the fishery based in Les Sables-d'Olonne, catch of thun between the Azore islands and Ireland and flatfish during the winter months from November to May in the Gulf of Biscay.
- after Elie Garnier died in 1966 she was not used for a while.
- Gaston Parfait purchased the ship, renamed the "Tin-Hinan".
- 1981 bought by Jacques Vidil, Marseille, general overhaul and rebulding of the ship for charter business and sailing with guests in the Mediterranean until 1984, renamed the "Alliance".
Contact:Website (français, 29 Sep 2005):
Goélette Alliance: basic information about the ship, many photos, touristic offers
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ollivier Puget, Jean-Noël Darde
"Partir sur les Grand Voiliers - Le guide pour embarquer"
Guides Balland 2000 ISBN: 2-7158-1277-9
Page: 188 Source with picture Source with history Source with technical data Quelle with contact