Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Fleur des Ondes"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Fleur des Ondes|
|Type of rigging:||YAWL|
|Type of ship:||Dundee Langoustier|
|Yard:||Rolland, Primel, Morlaix, FRA|
|Overall length:||25.10 m|
|Length (hull):||17.80 m|
|Sail area:||112 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Perkins 6 Zyl. Diesel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 05 Apr 2013
- built 1953-1956 at the shipyard Rolland in Primel next to Morlaix, North Finistère, FRA on order of Jean Abjan Père, fishing of crawfish in the English Channel and North Sea.
- 1970 purchased by Michel Bocher, moved to Paimpol, further use in the fishery.
- after decommissioning she was rescued from being scraped and the interior was completely rebuilt for private sailing trips.
- mainly used for private purposes, participation in sailing ship events like Brest, Douarnenez, where also guests can sail on board.
- 2011 repair works at the deck and exchange of planks by the shipyard MAYDAY BOAT, Saint Malo, FRA.
Contact:Website (français, 05 Apr 2013):
Fleur des Ondes: weblog with photos, history, specification, contact address