Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Telenn Mor"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of ship:||Chaloupe Sardinier|
|Yard:||Chantier Tanguy de Pouldavid, Douarnenez, FRA|
|Length (hull):||9.27 m|
|Sail area:||84 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 07 Feb 2010
- replica of a sardine fishing boat, on the end of the 19th century about 900 boats of this type were based in Douarnenez, FRA.
- initiation of the building of this boat by the Treizour association, which is dedicated to the preservation of the maritime cultural heritage of the town Douarnenez.
- 1981-83 building of the hull at the shipyard Tanguy de Pouldavid, Douarnenez, FRA and rigged by Stipon, Le Fret, FRA.
- operated by the Centre Nautique Municipal de Douarnenez Tréboul on order of Treizour; presentation at local sailing events.
- name "Telenn-Mor" means harp of the sea in the language of Brittany.