Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Dehel"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KUTTER|
|Type of ship:||Lotsenkutter (Ouistreham)|
|Yard:||Lacheray, Honfleur, FRA|
|Overall length:||18.00 m|
|Length (hull):||12.37 m|
|Sail area:||160 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo MD 70|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 07 Feb 2010
- built 1931 by the shipyard Lacheray in Honfleur, the construction follows the lines of a former boat that was used as a pilot ship during its live time.
- used in the fishery until World War II, so again after the war until about 1965.
- 1965-79 owned by the family Gouédard, Deauville, FRA.
- 1984 purchased by the AMERAMI (Association des Amis du Musée de la Mer) organisation, 1989-94 general overhaul in Honfleur, 1986 classified as historic valuable object of French culure.
- since summer 1994 used as active veteran sailing ship, participation in the well-known French sailing ship festivals, i.e. in Brest/Douarnenez 2004.
- restoration in Caen 2007-2009
Contact:Website (français/English, 07 Feb 2010):
Dehel: website of the operator with photo and basic information, contact address