Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Croix du Sud III"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Name:||Croix du Sud III|
|Ex-names:||Paul, Gros Paul|
|Type of rigging:||YAWL|
|Type of ship:||Dundee Langoustier|
|Overall length:||17.00 m|
|Length (hull):||10.70 m|
|Sail area:||140 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 20 Mar 2011
- built 1934 as crawfish fishing boat in Camaret, FRA; used in the fishery under the name "Gros Paul".
- bought by Cap Hornier and captain Hourrière, later by Alain Boutry who used the boat privately.
- 2000 given to the association Les Voiles Ecarlates managed by Gerard Bourdet.
- 2001-2003 general repairs and overhaul at the shipyard Legueltel in Blainville sur Mer, FRA.
- 2003 purchased by the town Cherbourg-Octeville, since then she is her ambassador at sailing festivals in the region and used for sailing with guests.
- in November 2010 given to the association Les Voiles Ecarlates for a symbolic sum of money, brought to Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue, FRA for maintenance work.
Contact:Website (français/English, 01 Sep 2007):
Croix du Sud III: website of the owner and operator with basic information about her history, photos, the technical specification, contact address