Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Verandering"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||2-Mast Klipper|
|Length (hull):||24.34 m|
|Sail area:||260 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 03 Jul 2005
- built as a 2-masted cargo ship for the coastal and inland waters in Raamsdonkveer, NL in 1898 for a German shipowning company.
- 1930 sold to Groningen, NL, changes on the hull, the elliptical was replaced by a flat stern to enable passing the sluices there, reduction of her rigging and removal of one mast, fitted with a side drive.
- 1950 equipped with an additional 2-cyl. 44 h.p. MWN engine.
- change of the owner in the 1970s, begin of her reconstruction and rebuilding to her appearance during the turn of the century as a 2-masted freighter, but the cargo hold were turned into passenger cabins, removal of the side drive.
- 1978 and inthe beginning of the 1980s sold, used in the charter business.
- further rebuildings to meet the new requirements sailing in Dutch inland and coastal waters, but her original character was kept, change of the engine to a Volvo.
- inthe beginning of the 1990s Annette van Kleef bought her, further modernizations under deck, used for charter voyages with passengers.
- in about 2002 the Bremische Evangelische Kirche (Protestant church) purchased her, since then she is a non-profit youth project sailing with young people during the summer and used as a meeting place for seminars and church events during winter.
Contact:Website (deutsch, 12 Sep 2007):
Verandering: website of the owner and operator with technical info, history and photos, about their intentions and aims, contact address