Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Hansine"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Haikutter (Gaffelketsch)|
|Yard:||J.N. Olsen, Frederikshavn, DK.|
|Overall length:||26.50 m|
|Length (hull):||18.90 m|
|Sail area:||240 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||MAN D2866 LE 403|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 17 May 2021
- built in 1898 at the Olsen shipyard in Frederikshavn, DK, first name "Cimbria", owner was the company A/S Fiskekutteren Cimbria.
- 1909 sold to C.A.P. Jakobsen from Bangsbostrand, during the WW I sold to the speculator A/S Havfiskeriet.
- 1918 purchased by Frederik Wormstrup, 1922 given to his wife, who renamed her the "Eskild" in June 1922.
- removal of one mast, fitted with a new auxiliary engine.
- 1925 sale of parts, 1928 purchased by M.P. Mortensen.
- used in the fishery in the North Sea.
- 1938 renamed the "Hansine III" after the 3rd daughter of the owner, new engine (2 cyl. MAN ALPHA Diesel, 150 hp) the 2nd mast was set and rigged again.
- 1942 sale to a components manufacturer, during WW II used as mine sweeper.
- 1951 sold to H. Willadsen, following several changes of the owner, run agound near Hirtshals and broken mast near Petershead, Scottland.
- 1976 taken over by Smith in Skagen, decommissioned from the fishery, rebuilt for private uses, 1990 removal of the ship's engine.
- in April 2004 given to Wolfgang and Lili Weis from Germany, begi of an overhaul and restoring in Hobro and later in Egernsund, DK.
- since 2016 registerred in LÃ¼beck, GER; operated by a non-profit association, sailing offers to keep the ship and maritime traditions.
Last tracked position of the ship:
Map provided by FleetMon.com
Contact:Website (deutsch, 27 Feb 2021):
Haikutter Hansine FN121: some historical facts, many photos of her restoration, main data and contact address
Website (deutsch, 27 Feb 2021):
Hansine: about the ship and association, schedules for sailing, projects, many photos, contact