Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Nell Britt"
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Ex-names:||Tryggö av Salem|
|Type of rigging:||KETSCH|
|Type of ship:||Gaffelketsch|
|Yard:||Holms Varf, Råå, SWE|
|Overall length:||30.00 m|
|Length (hull):||22.53 m|
|Sail area:||250 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Holz / Wood|
|Engine:||Volvo Penta TAMD 70 E|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 21 Jul 2013
- built 1929 at the shipyard Holms Varv in Råå, SWE as a cargo ship, registered in Råå for Gustav Daniel Davidson.
- 1946 sold to Mörbylånga, SWE to Karl Alexander Segerdal, later to R.A. Ideström.
- 1950 change of the homeport to Degerhamn, the property of Gustav H. Andersson.
- 1964 she was converted to a passenger ship for sailing on fishing tours out of Malmö, owned by Nils Arild Sjernström.
- 1972 she sank, was raised and docked at the Holms Varv in Råå.
- 1973 converted to a floating mission ship, renamed the "Tryggö av Salem", owner was Bjarne Limander.
- 1983 sold to the association Unga Örnar, moved to Västervik, renamed the "Nell Britt", rebuilt to a sailtraining ship.
- later purchased by Siegfried Hoffmann, she came under German flag and moved the homeport to Bremen/Bremerhaven, where she underwent a general overhaul.
- got a new machine in 1995.
- sold after the owner died in 2007.
- see 2010 without masts on the river Elbe in Riesa respectively Dresden, GER.
Literature for further reading:
We recommend the following references for your further research of the ship. The references marked with have been included in the generation of the ship profile on this page.
Ein interaktives Informationssystem auf CD-ROM 1998
(2. überarbeitete Auflage)
Source with technical data