Ship profile for the sailing ship: "Gallant"
Photos of the sailing ship:
Please click into a photo to see it in higher resolution.
Videos with the sailing ship:
Switch to full screen mode using the video control panel.
Technical data of the sailing ship:
|Type of rigging:||SCHONER|
|Type of ship:||Heringslogger|
|Sail area:||415 m2|
|Ship's hull:||Stahl / Steel|
Portrait of the sailing ship:
Last update: 30 Oct 2004
- launched under the name "Jannetje Margaretha" in Vlaardingen in 1916.
- served as a herring lugger in the North Sea until 1936.
- used as a cargo vessel by Danish owners in 1982.
- returned to the Netherlands in 1987, fully restored by a teaching and work experience project for youth in Amsterdam.
- sails in the North Sea, the Baltic and the English Channel as charter and sail training ship.